Hopes For Women In Education | Promoting Education For Financially Underprivilidged Women In The Middle East
Hopes for Women in Education is a non-profit and volunteer based NGO, registered in Canada and Jordan, operating in the Middle East. We provide financial and non-financial support to underprivileged, refugee, displaced and non-status women to help them become self-sustainable and financially independent. We aid on multiple key indicators including the allocation of scholarships for higher education studies in both colleges and universities, provide soft skills trainings, provide mentorship for growth, as well as facilitating internship placements. Hopes for Women in Education provides full scholarships to the women who exhibit academic excellence, economic hardship, and resilience of spirit. Our financial support includes tuition, transportation stipends, as well as academic book fees. Every year, Hopes reaches out to the registered refugee camps, Community Development Centers and Women Programme Centers and conducts a call-out for applicants.
Hopes for Women in Education believes that in order to become successful in the workforce, our scholarship students need capacity building skills that compliments the knowledge they are gaining from their higher education. Therefore, we provide training workshops on a variety of soft skills including: Computer Literacy, Conversational English, Creative Writing, Teaching Human Rights to Children, Leadership, Communication skills, Positive Attitude and more. Talented volunteers who possess the relevant expertise conduct these training programs.
Hopes has also forged a partnership with a training institution, which will conduct sessions on CV Writing as well as Job Interview Skills. By engaging our scholarship students in self-improvement, we are encouraging each of them to continue cultivating her potential. Hopes for Women In Education values the personal relationship between the scholarship students with their sponsors, as well as with the Hopes team. Each student is required to fill two monthly progress reports; one for her academic performance, and another for her personal goals and achievements. With the gathering of all the students once a month for the Hopes Book Club, the team members sit with each student and discuss their difficulties so as to offer any additional support needed. Furthermore, the Hopes team is extremely accessible for the scholarship students at any time through a Student Liaison Officer. Sponsors of the students’ scholarships are also given the option of being linked to their beneficiary, and on many occasions women who live across the world have become a source of support for our students via online communication. These relationships have become springs of hope that are nurturing the growth of the students as well as empathy in the team and sponsors.
Hopes For Women In Education welcomes volunteers of all ages, genders, ethnicities and professions. We believe that every single person has something to contribute to this cause. The way in which you give us your time and efforts is totally up to you! Here are a few options:
- Provide Pro-Bono Services in your Specialized Skill. For example: Graphic Design, Marketing, Video Production, Blog Writing, Event Management, Training, etc.
- Provide man/woman power assistance at events, workshops, meeting etc.
- Run a micro-fundraising event in which traditional forms are: Bake Sales, Mug Sales, T-shirt Sales where we would provide all the banded Materials.
- Suggest a fundraising idea and take the lead! We at Hopes welcome all ideas and encourage our volunteers to become leaders in implementation
- Increase awareness of our work as a Hopes Ambassador! We can provide you with all the content materials such as Brochures, Concept Note, Proposals, Bank Information etc.
- Share your knowledge by giving Soft-Skills Training! Hopes can facilitate for volunteers who have transferrable skills to share their knowledge with our scholarship students by running workshops and/or trainings that will benefit them in the long run.
For more information, click here.